Oh Seattle.
I wish I could re-wind back to the moment when I first got to see you, and stay there.
I don’t know why I have never really blogged about it, but now I am ready. It is a time in my life that I now continuously dream of.

It began in Jan of 2012 when I told my beautiful friend K I was coming to the US, whether she liked it or not!

The countdowns began, and before I knew it, it was October 10th. I got on a flight that took me to Dubai, and then across to Seattle.
48 hours and two flights later, I was in Sea-Tac International airport, bewildered, lost and trying to find someone I had never met in real life! Exhaustion clung to me like no-body’s business as I tired to work out where K said she’d meet me.

It took me a few goes to work out which baggage claim I was to meet her at, but I did it. I saw her, tall, hair loose, with that look people have, all people, at the airport as she scanned the crowds searching for me. I clapped eyes on her, recognising her instantly. She must have seen this exhausted looking woman looking at her and clicked! I am sure it must have been a little creepy!
As she walked towards me, and I her, I broke down in tears.
This meeting was a long time coming.
The losses of 6 babies between us, an internet friendship of 5 years, $3000 on flights and about 5 days total travelling time, we finally got to meet.
I am pretty sure I started to shake as I cried, and she just stood there and hugged me tight, until I calmed down!
She said it was like meeting a long lost sister, and that was exactly what it was to me as well. Nothing awkward, just a feeling of FINALLY. Finally, we got to meet after all these years!
We got to spend the day in Seattle before heading back to where K goes to uni. Seattle. It was AH-MAZING! The day I flew in, on the 11th, it was SUNNY! It would seem that I brought the sun with me! I was so fatigued with jet lag, that there was no point in me sleeping, so we went to the mall! I don’t think it is any different from what we have here, but it was still pretty cool to visit shops and see the brand names made famous to the world by movies.
I got to shop at Macy’s, and later in my trip, much to my delight and K’s amusement, at WALMART! So. Much. Amazeballs!
We also paid a visit to a special beach, Edmonds, where the water was still as anything, and the air was so beautifully cold it hurt to breathe for a bit!
I can’t remember what time I went to bed on that first day, but I know it was late. I think I slept for about 7 hours, which was so so so needed!
After K practically dumping a bucket of water on me to get me to get up, we had coffee, breakfast and saif goodbye to her lovely family as we went to explore the city of Seattle.
We went outside to a cloudy,overcast day, and drove into the city. It is an amazing place, and I am looking forward to another visit! K took me past where the original episodes of Grey’s Anatomy were filmed ( that being the other reason for my visit), drove past the Space Needle ( we didnt have time to visit the inside of it) and visited the Pike Place Market, which was awesome! A few souveniers later and it was time for us to get into the car and head to K’s home.

The drive through the mountains of Washington State was something I cannot even describe. It was so cold and rainy, that this incredible mist hung over the massive mountains as we wound our way through them. It was bizzaire for me, driving on the other side of the road, and once we hit the open fields, I would freak out quietly, thinking the cars in the opposite direction were going to hit us!
I still managed a nap on the trip. After a 4 hour drive, we got to where K and her DF live, a lovely little apartment. I finally got to meet their pup, and we settled in for the evening.
I know I woke up early the next morning,as I was still on Australia time. It was dark, but HEY! I was wiiiide awake. I know the jet lag was hard on K, as it was hard for me, but it was ok! It took me about a week before I got settled.
I was supposed to make a trip to West Virginia, to meet the very first person who helped me through losing Lily, but due to circumstances beyond our control, it did not happen. This resulted in manic emails to my travel agent in Australia, and a little extra money, but I got to spend an extra week with K and her DF, and meet some of his family! I was also lucky enough to be able to go on campus with K, and sit in on a lecture. K told me after returning from classes the next day that her peers were fascinated by me! It would seem they dont come across too many Australians! LOL.

Most importantly, we got to spend October 15th together. Each year, we share the day together, but this year. Oh goodness. What a special day. We made flags inspired by Carly Marie’s prayer flag project, and personalised candles for our babies. It was a bittersweet day, but one I am so very glad I got to share with her.

K sent back her flag with me to have it photographed by Carly. Such a special moment for her, I am sure.

The only let down for the whole trip was the fact I didn’t get to see snow!
It was forecast, but it just wasn’t cold enough!
So, the plan is to go back in January, 2015.
I long for that day.
I just hope I get to see her before then!